举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
sowen  曼省名人  发表于 2007-2-16 09:52:30 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 oceandeep 于 2-15 23:06 发表
对于留学生来说
不多。
除非GPA4。2以上

who said that ?

I don\'t have 4.2, another chinese girl I know, I believe her gpa is even lower than mine..

I know some chinese students who don\'t want to apply coop, because they hear it\'s difficult to compete with local students and they are not confident enough of their english speaking. to tell everyone the truth, in here, it\'s absolutely worthy to try it, coop in winnipeg is much better than vancouver or waterloo.

in ubc and waterloo,there are over thousand coop annually, think about that, there are still some chinese students to fight for the opportunity. in here, depending on faculty, I say no more than 100 applicants (not sure the situation in asper). but u will still see many opportunities cross canada,

see? u compete with much less people in here, think about that, it\'s just coop, after u graduate, u compete with more, ten thousands? million? and now u think u can\'t do it? don\'t be kidding.

therefore, I say, good good study, day day up in fresman and sophomore, do not work part time (such as wash dishes, really time wasting, why not study harder?) to affect ur study unless necessary (coop will make more money that those part times). in senior, u will have a good gpa, at least over 3.5, yes gpa is not the most important thing, but u know, u r an international student, gpa is your first impression. then go for coop, even u couldn\'t find a job at the end, u still gain the opportunity to interview, learn how to write resume and cover letter for free

if u couldn\'t find a job at the beginning, coop office will help u work around it second time,

if u think u can\'t do it before u apply, u will never be able to make it

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
oceandeep  曼省名人  发表于 2007-2-16 10:20:14 | 显示全部楼层
说的不是CO OP而是SUMMER STUDENT
请LS看明白了再解释
表说的跟我空口不平乱讲似的
心安乐处即身安乐处

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
sowen  曼省名人  发表于 2007-2-16 10:43:57 | 显示全部楼层
I was trying to clarify coop status, I guess some other people might have the same misunderstanding, especially for this non-tree structure forum style, it\'s difficult to see who is talking about what

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
oceandeep  曼省名人  发表于 2007-2-16 11:14:43 | 显示全部楼层
that\'s why there\'s an option of \"reply\" under each thread, and I was clearly replying to Fallsage. If some people don\'t read the title under the reply and misunderstood, it\'s their own problem. I have low tolerance for stupidity and careless conclusions.
心安乐处即身安乐处

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
sowen  曼省名人  发表于 2007-2-16 11:46:24 | 显示全部楼层
hey, do u know \"stupid\" is a very offensive word?

what did I say? I just tried to encourage chinese to apply coop, and clean up the confusion, u think everybody will read the samll subtitle for each post?

pls delete my previous post in this topic, it\'s so meaningless to say sth in here, even that\'s helpful

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
oceandeep  曼省名人  发表于 2007-2-16 12:20:03 | 显示全部楼层
as long as you think it\'s helpful, it should stay.
again, i did not mean to offend anyone, if anyone gets offended, my apologies.
also, i\'d expect people to read all the fine prints before making any conclusions, same as signing a contract, but different people have different expections as always.
not to be rude, i just don\'t think many people who don\'t read the fine (by the way, bold) prints would read english. again, that\'s just my careless generalization.
心安乐处即身安乐处

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
fallsage  贵宾  发表于 2007-2-16 12:32:23 | 显示全部楼层
不好意思
summer student是我提起的,大叔是在回我上面那个疑问他的专业(大叔的专业,不包括其它人的专业)关于summer student的帖子。
在每个帖子的开头都有回复谁谁谁。。。写的很明白
要是你没注意产生误会,那很不好意思了。

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则