这两天,在美国洛杉矶法院开庭的一个案件,吸引了媒体的关注。

被起诉的是一对夫妻:现年57岁的男性David Turpin和他50岁的妻子Louise。

6.jpg

Via foxcarolina.com; David Turpin(左)和他的妻子Louise

这对夫妻因对自己12个小孩长期进行虐待,双双被判25年监禁。

他们的亲生骨肉与他们对簿公堂,控诉父母对他们造成的伤害。

而这对夫妻听到已成年的两位孩子控诉他俩的虐待行径,在法庭上声泪俱下。

Via dailymail.co.uk

For years, David and Louise Turpin abused 12 of their 13children,>starvingthem, hitting them, depriving them of sleep and shackling them tofurniture― torture that moved one of their daughters totell a courtroom,“My parentstook my whole life from me.”

大卫和露易丝共有13名子女,但他们对其中12名进行了持续多年的虐待。他们的虐待行径包括让他们挨饿,不让他们正常睡觉,把他们拷在家具上。他们对子女造成的伤害太过严重,以致于一个女儿亲自在法庭上控诉他俩。“我的父母把我的生活夺走了,”这个女儿说。

In a Friday hearing, the California coupleweresentenced to life in prison. They’ll have a chanceat

在本周五(当地时间)的听证会上,这对加利福尼亚的夫妇被判终身监禁。服刑25年后,他们才能获得假释机会。

Their daughter, speaking publicly for the first time, continuedthrough tears: “Now, I’m taking my life back.”

这位女儿第一次在公开场合讲述父母的虐待。她边哭边说:“现在,我要把我的人生从父母手中夺回来。”

Via washingtonpost.com

Via daily

mail.co.uk

;这个大家庭曾经的合影

这对夫妻于2018年年初被洛杉矶警方逮捕。

若不是他们的一个小孩成功从家里的窗户逃出报警

,洛杉矶警方或许无法知道当地的一对普通夫妇,会犯下如此严重的罪行。

Via Reuters;他们的家从外部看很整洁正常,但邻居们很少看到这家的孩子们出门
经过调查,警方慢慢了解到这对夫妇是如何具体虐待子女的。

他们许多孩子经常被扣上铁链,锁在某个家具旁边,不能自由行动。

When the Turpin children were found in their Perris home in January2018, they ranged from ages 2 to 29. But some of the adults weresomalnourished,they looked like young teenagers.

2018年1月份,这户人家的孩子们在佩里斯的家中被警方发现。这些孩子当时年龄在2岁到29岁之间。一些成年的孩子们看着一副营养不良的样子,哪怕成年了还瘦弱得像个青少年。

None of them had seen a doctor in more than four years, and none ofthem had ever visited a dentist.

没有任何一个小孩在过去四年多的时间里看过医生;也没有任何一个孩子曾经去看过牙医。

The childrenwere oftentied up for "weeks or even months at a time,"RiversideCounty District Attorney Mike Hestrin said last year.

该区域的一名检察官Mike Hestrin 去年说,这些孩子们经常被父母绑起来,一绑就是“几个星期甚至几个月”。

The victims told investigators that being tied with ropes wasinitially a form of punishment. But when one victim escaped, theparents started usingchainsandpadlockstoshacklesomeof the children to beds.

这些被虐待的孩子们告诉调查人员,他们父母一开始把他们用绳子绑起来作为一种惩罚的形式。但当其中一个小孩解开绳子逃脱后,这对夫妇就开始用铁链和挂锁把一些孩子拷在床上。

Via cnn.com

Via YouTube

多亏了其中一位勇敢的女孩爬出窗户报警,其他兄弟姐妹们才得以逃脱继续被父母虐待的命运。

In the chilling 911 call placed by the 17-year-old daughter, sheinformed thedispatcherthatshe and her siblings were being abused and that their home wassofilthyshesometimes struggled to breath.

一名17岁的女孩拨打了911报警电话。她告诉当天轮值的调度员,她的兄弟姐妹们正遭受虐待;他们家里污秽不堪,她连呼吸都困难。

The call lasted for 20 minutes becausethe girlstruggled to work out her address because she had not been outsidealone before.

这个报警电话持续了20多分钟,因为这女孩费了好大劲才描述清楚她家地址。此前她从未单独离开家过。

"Okay, I live in a family of 15 people and my parents are abusive.They abuse us and my two little sisters right noware chainedup. There"re 13 kids and then a mother and a father," shesaid in the 911 audio.

“我家里共有15口人;我的父母有虐待我们的行为。我们遭受父母的虐待。我的两个妹妹现在正被父母铐起来。我家里一共有13个孩子,还有一个母亲,一个父亲,”她报警时这么说。

Via dailymail.co.uk

一位检察官说,这些孩子因遭受父母多年的虐待和幽禁,几乎没有什么生活常识,一开始都不知道正常的生活是什么样的

Via Facebook

家庭的虐待和伤害深刻地影响了这个大家庭的孩子们。

但一些成年的孩子,靠自己的意志力,一步步重新过上正常的生活。

Jennifer Turpin:

他们的女儿詹妮弗的口供:

My parents took my whole life from me, but now I"m taking my lifeback.

我的父母把原本属于我的生活夺走了,现在我要把我生活夺回来。

I"m in college now and living independently. I love eating out withmy friends and life is great.

我现在上大学了,一个人独立生活了。我喜欢跟朋友们一起出去吃饭;我现在的生活很棒。

I believe everything happens for a reason. Life may have been badbut it made me strong. I fought to become the person I am. I saw mydad change my mom. They almost changed me, but I realized what washappening. I did everything I could to not become like them.

我相信任何事情的发生都有原因。我过去的生活也许很糟糕,但这段经历让我更加强大。我今天的模样,是我靠自己努力奋斗而来的。我看着我的父亲一点点改变我的母亲。他们也几乎改变了我。但我对发生的变化有察觉。为了不变成我父母的那样的人,我尽了所有的努力。

Via dailymail.co.uk

他们的一位成年儿子,在父母被捕后,也拥有了新的生活。

Joshua Turpin:

他们的儿子约书亚的口供:

I cannot describe in words what we went through growing up.Sometimes I still have nightmares of things that have happened,such as my siblings being chained up or beaten. But that is thepast and this is now.

我无法用语言描述我和兄弟姐妹们在成长过程中都经历了什么。有时候,我还是会做噩梦,梦到以前被父母虐待的情形。比如我的兄弟姐妹们被铐起来或是被殴打的情形。但这些已经过去,我们有新的生活了。

I love my parents and have forgiven them for a lot of the thingsthey did to us.

我爱我的父母。我也原谅了他们对我们做的很多事情。

Since January I have learned so much and become very independent.In June of last year, I learned how to ride a bike and ever sincethen I"ve been hooked and I ride everywhere, such as to school, thestore.

从今年1月份起,我学会了很多东西,也独立了很多。去年6月,我开始学习如何骑自行车,并对骑车感到着迷。我骑着车去了很多地方,比如去学校,去商店。

I live in an apartment and go to a nearby college. I"m getting abachelor"s degree in software engineering. After I get mybachelor"s degree I"m going to get a job as a software engineer andgo to school part time to get my master"s degree.

我现在住在一个公寓里,在公寓附近的社区大学念书。我正在攻读计算机编程的本科学位。我获得这个学位后,我想当一名软件工程师,并在工作业余时间去读一个研究生学位。

Via daily

mail.co.uk

希望这13位承受了不幸的孩子,未来能一步步活出正常且幸福的人生。

Via Facebook

文:washingtonpost.com; CNN; dailymail.co.uk

图:Facebook; CNN;路透社;dailymail.co.uk;网络
                                                              ?                                                                                                                                                                                                            

举报 使用道具

回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关注

粉丝

主题
精彩推荐
热门资讯
网友晒图
图文推荐

维权声明:本站有大量内容由网友产生,如果有内容涉及您的版权或隐私,请点击右下角举报,我们会立即回应和处理。